As we approach autumn and the changing seasons, we begin to look forward to cooler weather, cozy days at home, seasonal produce, gatherings with family and friends, and classic fall scenery.
From classic fall outings to luxury gift boxes full of festive goodies, there are so many fun ways to welcome and celebrate fall. In this article, we’ll share our favorite fall gift ideas and seasonal activities to help you embody the generosity and abundance of the season. Let’s get started!
Fall Gifts to Celebrate Autumn
Fall is a beautiful season worth celebrating in and of itself, but there are also many holidays and special occasions in the fall that may warrant a special gift, including:
- Fall equinox gifts to celebrate the changing of seasons
- Back-to-school gifts to help get kids or teachers excited about the new school year
- Ros Hashanah and Yom Kippur gifts to celebrate the Jewish new year
- Halloween gifts to help get kids or party hosts in the spooky spirit
- Day of the Dead gifts to honor ancestors
- Thanksgiving gifts to show gratitude for loved ones or dinner hosts
- And many more!
The Best Fall Gifts Are More than Just Gifts
In our opinion, the best fall gifts are those that celebrate seasonal produce and flavors– gifts that warm the heart and delight the palette.
Some of our favorite fall gifts come paired with a seasonal experience to help create a special memory. What are the seasonal activities or outings you most look forward to? For example, you could take someone special apple picking and buy all the ingredients you need to bake an apple pie or make caramel apples together. Or give the kids pumpkin carving tools and take them out to the pumpkin patch for the day.
Check out these 7 fall food activities for more festive ideas and inspiration!
Cute Fall Gifts for Her
After a busy summer, fall is a great time to slow down and rejuvenate your body, mind, and spirit with self-care. Your girlfriend will love any gift that encourages a bit of “me time,” like this self-reflection gift set with a luxurious candle, brass candle snuffer, air plant, and book of inspirational art and quotes. You could even pair the gift with a meditation class or mediation app subscription.
Many women look forward to fall fashion and eagerly await cooler weather so they can break out those chunky knits. A cashmere cardigan, cozy beanie, pair of leather boots, or a wide-brim hat would make a great seasonal gift for her. Go for warm, natural colors like tans, burnt oranges, rich browns, deep burgundies, or forest greens.
Fall Gifts for Friends You Love
When we think of fall, we imagine curling up on the couch and getting cozy with a warm cuppa. Put together a coffee-or-tea-themed gift basket full of seasonal goodies, like this Tea Times & Coffee Breaks gift set. Or give them a monthly tea or coffee subscription to help get them through the cold and dreary months ahead. Or wrap up all the ingredients for hot toddies!
Have you heard of the term “hygge”? It’s a Danish word that refers to the feeling of intimacy and warmth— that hard-to-pin-down essence and aesthetic of fall that we look forward to all year round. We like the idea of putting together a home decor gift around the hygge theme. Think twinkly lights, candles galore, warm textiles, plush rugs, coffee table books, etc.
More Fall Gift Ideas
Here are some additional fall gift ideas to help get you inspired:
- A cozy throw blanket, preferably one that’s ethically and sustainably made
- A party host gift like this one with a serving board, delicious apricot jam, and a cute serving spoon
- Crafting supplies, like some yarn and knitting needles
- Tickets to a football game and a tailgate-themed gift basket
- A handmade pottery pie dish– better yet if it’s from a local artisan!
- A pair of super soft and cushiony cloud socks or warm slippers
- Mulling spices and other ingredients for mulled wine or spiced cider
- A bushel of freshly-picked apples or basket of seasonal produce (winter squash, brussels sprouts, butternut squash, etc.) from the farmer’s market
- A fall hike outing paired with a picnic and some warm drinks in a thermos
- A weekend getaway to a quaint cabin in the woods
- A gratitude journal to help celebrate the month of gratitude
- A portable fire pit and s’mores supplies
- Tickets to visit a haunted house or catch a scary movie. Or plan an at-home movie date night and put up a projector and screen!
- Anything and everything pumpkin spice- when in doubt, hit up Trader Joe’s for seasonal goodies
- Homemade baked goodies, like pumpkin bread or an apple crisp
Shop Cozy Autumn Gifts with Bestowe!
If you’re still searching for the perfect fall gift, check out the many curated gift sets on our website. We have ready-to-ship gifts to suit almost any occasion— and if you can’t find the perfect gift, we’ll help you customize one! Our gifts are a great way to express gratitude for your loved ones while supporting small businesses and keeping environmental sustainability in mind.
Wishing you a happy fall from all of us at Bestowe!