Mark your calendars, Administrative Professionals Day is held on the Wednesday of Administrative Professional Week each year.
Almost every business has someone working behind the scenes, quietly yet tirelessly ensuring that everything runs smoothly. Because of the supportive role these team members tend to take, admin professionals always don’t get the credit or attention they deserve.
- More than 3 million secretaries/administrative assistants are part of the U.S. workforce. (Source: U.S. Department of Labor, 2020)
Don’t let their hard work go unnoticed this year! On Administrative Professionals Day, take some time to celebrate and thank the administrative employees on your team for everything they do to support your business.
Boost Morale with Administrative Professionals Day Gifts
Working in an administrative role comes with a fair amount of challenges, and admin assistants often feel undervalued or overworked. Behind any celebrated salesperson, attorney, doctor, or other star employee is one or more admin team members working hard to keep everything organized. Without their efforts, those big wins wouldn’t be possible!
Administrative Professionals Day, also known as Admin Day or Secretaries Day, is a wonderful opportunity to spotlight these supportive team members and make them feel seen, valued, and appreciated. You can show your gratitude verbally or with a nice card, an office celebration, or a thoughtful gift (we’ll share more specific ideas later on!)
Even a small gesture of thanks can go a long way and help boost employee morale, increase company loyalty, and reduce the risk of burnout and/or turnover. And it’s not just speculation; studies show that employee gifting can truly help motivate employees, strengthen team bonds, boost overall work satisfaction, and retain important team members.
A Few of our Favorite Administrative Assistants Day Gifts
Now that we’ve established how important it is to celebrate and honor your admin team members, let’s get into some specific gift ideas…
- Think of a gift that will make their day-to-day job more enjoyable or comfortable. This could be something aesthetic, like a potted plant to add a bit of greenery to their desk, or something ergonomic, like a memory foam cushion or back massager for their desk chair. If they work from home, this Home Office Upgrade gift set is sure to make their workspace feel a bit more luxurious.
- Give them something to encourage a bit of rest and relaxation after a long day of work. Perhaps you could get them a gift card to a local spa or a gift basket full of wellness-themed items, like this Calm the Soul gift set with soothing herbal tea, luxurious soaking salts, moisturizing beauty products, and a sweet treat.
- Come up with something personal that shows that you’re paying attention. Use what you know about them for inspiration! Say they love to camp and spend time outdoors– you could get them this Around the Campfire gift set. If don’t know them that well, it could be something as simple as a gift card to their favorite local coffee shop or lunch spot.
Gifts for Administrative Professionals Day: Important Considerations
If you do chose to celebrate admin professionals day with some gift-giving, be sure to include any and all admin employees so that no one feels left out. Additionally, whenever you’re considering giving an employee or coworker a gift, be sure to check and see if your company has a gifting policy. The policy might set limits on how much you can spend or specify certain kinds of gifts that are/aren’t permitted. Whether or not you have a company gifting policy, make sure the gift is appropriate for the workplace. Generally speaking, it’s a good idea to avoid anything overly personal (such as perfume or clothing), keep it secular and politically correct, and steer clear of alcohol.
Other Ways to Show Appreciation on Admin Professionals Day
Gifts are one easy and effective way to show appreciation for admin assistants, but there are certainly other ways to celebrate this important day. Here are a few ideas:
Arrange a nice thank you card signed by everyone in the office.
Better yet, surprise them with a compilation of thank you videos from their team members. If a picture’s worth a thousand words, just think of the impact a video can have! You don’t need to be a video expert to make this happen, just use an app like memento to merge the clips.
Plan a little office party or a team outing for happy hour or lunch. Be sure to pick up the tab for any admin team members you’re celebrating!
- Depending on your business, you might want to consider giving your admin professionals the day off to give them time for some well-deserved self-care.
Want Help with Administrative Professionals Day Gifts? Leave Your Corporate Gifting to Bestowe!
No matter how you decide to celebrate, set a reminder in your calendar and be sure to show some gratitude for your admin team members this year! Employees who feel valued and recognized for their hard work will be better employees in the long run, so doing something for admin professionals day is really a win-win for your team members and your business.
For more employee gifting ideas, tips, and inspiration, check out the gift sets on our website or talk to a Bestowe gifting concierge for a free custom proposal. You can rest easy knowing that our corporate gifting service will handle all the logistics for you!